A Message from Rehmke Law
to Our Valued Clients & Friends of the Firm
Last Updated November 19, 2020
Our top priority is and always will be the well-being of our clients, team, and community. Rehmke Law, P.S. will remain open remotely during these challenging times. If requested, we are prepared to conduct virtual (online) meetings with our new and existing clients through the use of Duo and Zoom. Here are a few other ways that Rehmke Law is taking proactive measures to minimize the risk of infection:
- Out of an abundance our office is closed to the public until at least December 14, 2020. We can still receive deliveries and we have a 24-hour dropbox by our front door.
- We disinfect high-touch surfaces in our office before and after clients visit for a minimum of 5 times a day; our conference room is also disinfected between each client.
- We have implemented “Social Distancing” in our offices per CDC guidelines.
- Our staff members have been briefed on symptoms of COVID-19 with strict instructions to stay home if showing signs of cold symptoms, flu-like symptoms or fever.
- We are adjusting our appointments to accommodate our client’s needs. Upon request, appointments are being conducted virtually, over the phone or computer, for those clients who are concerned about coming into the office.
Our thanks to all of you for working with us. We will get through these challenging times together.
All of us at Rehmke Law, P.S.
An Expert in Elder Law
At Rehmke Law, P.S. you can count on having an experienced and compassionate guide in your corner to help you and your family through some of life’s most difficult decisions. Jonete Waters Rehmke has worked in Elder Law for over 17 years and she understands the needs of her clients and their families. Because each case is different, she takes the time to get to know the parties involved and she talks in terms that are easily understood by all. Not only that, she is completely flexible with her time. “I make home visits, hospice visits, weekend visits and hospital visits. I understand that adult children work and cannot make appointments during the weekday and try and schedule evening or weekend appointments to see families.”
Jonete assists those who have the luxury of planning for the future but also those who are dealing with urgent-need situations such as emergency guardianship, disability or civil court cases. Her specialty, however, is Elder Law which includes estate planning, medicaid assistance, elder abuse or helping to transfer assets at the end of life. Because many of these cases can require years of planning and re-evaluating, it is important that she maintains a good relationship with her clients and their loved ones so that everyone involved is comfortable with choices and decisions being made.
Jonete works with clients of all ages. From setting up disability plans for young children to helping a middle-aged couple plan for their golden years, she has the drive and the experience to be a fierce advocate for her clients and their needs.
- Pierce County Aging & Disability Resources
- Medicaid Application for Long Term Care
- Pierce County Aging & Disability
- King County Aging & Disability
- Pierce County Departments
- Pierce County Superior Court Clerk
- Pierce County On-Line Site (LINX)
- NAELA (National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys)
- Washington State Legal Resources
- Washington State Law Library
- Social Security Program Manual
- Washington State Developmental Disabilities Endowment Trust Fund (Pooled Trust)
- Lifetime Advocacy Master Pooled Trusts
- WA State Dept of Commerce – Disability Workgroup (ABLE information)
- STABLE Account Information and Set Up
Areas of Practice
Rehmke Law Blog
Choice is powerful. It is the freedom to make your own decisions. Freedom to choose who you want to assist you in the event of disability or incapacity. Freedom to execute a Power of Attorney. Lack of choice leaves you powerless. A Guardianship can be imposed when choices have not been made prior to disability… See More
As an Elder Law Attorney I assist families in long term care planning, estate planning, and disability planning. I work with clients of all ages, but specialize in working with seniors, the disabled, and their families. My clients are all ages, but specialize in Elder Law. I have over 31 years of legal experience, 14… See More